Adios Uncle





Its surreal to think you are not here! I for one is going to miss all the conversations -- and arguments -- on politics, sports and cinema. Your twitter handle was my single source of information about Indian politics. Over the course of years, deep down I started respecting your progressive liberal views on various topics that disproved lot of stereotypes about caste and creed in our society. You were a man of passion and wore your heart on your sleeve, even when it was a hinderance, at times. Hopefully, we can emulate such passion and strong convictions in our own lives.



I will fondly remember all the trips that we took over the years and feel fortunate for having been able to do that. I don't remember all the expensive things that I bought in the last several years, but I do remember vividly every single trip and every moment in that. I guess it just reinforces the importance of travel and experiences, over material possession. 






Life is not fair to everyone. It is full of random events and its a fool's errand to find meaning in it. At least that is what it feels to an unenlightened fellow like myself. When life dealt you with a bad hand, you still played the game with a positive stride. 

Who knew a global pandemic would occur and further compound things. When I think about this, it often reminds of what they call the "butterfly effect" in chaos theory. In simplistic terms, the analogy is "when a butterfly flaps its wings in Tokyo and a tornado occurs in Tennessee". I understand that particular concept is often misunderstood as to every big event can be traced back and reasoned, which is not true. Nevertheless, the pandemic that started somewhere did affect our lives in a profound manner -- denying the opportunity for your loved ones to be with you in the need of the hour.




They say the greatest measure of success of man's life is by the number of people who loves him. By that measure alone you are so successful. You were fortunate to have daughters and a wife who cared so much for you throughout your life and in the most needy times. For this alone, I would call you a very lucky person!

Goodbye, Uncle! Thanks for everything and you will live in our thoughts forever!

Comments

  1. ,he was a very good and humble person ,he never use to comment others he use to live his life with children and wife

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment